WANT TO SPEAK ENGLISH NATURALLY
Pronunciation is the way a word or a language is spoken or the in which someone utters a word. A word can be spoken in different ways by various individuals or groups depending on many factors, such as the duration of the cultural exposure of her childhood, the locator of the current residence, speech or voice disorder, their ethnic group, their social class or their education.
The English language has some sounds that your native language might not, so you will have to learn how to make completely new sounds. Plus English vowels make it really tricky to know how to say a word. For example, w, ile “comb”, “bomb” and “tomb “are all pronounced differently.
So that’s why we have eight tips for you to help you to improve your pronunciation.
- Learn to listen: Before you learn how to speak, you will need to listen. Some sounds can be hard to tell apart when you are listening.
- Notice how your mouth and lips move:
- Use a mirror while you talk
- Put a finger in front of your lips like you are saying “shih”.
- Pay attention to your tongue: the main difference is rice and lice in your tongue.
- Break words down into sounds: words are made up of syllabus or parts. The word syllabus, for example, has three syllables:- syl–la-ble.
- Add stress to sound and words: English is a stressed language. Sometimes where you put the stress in a word can change the word meaning. If you said “PREsent” you are talking about a noun (gift). If you said “preSENT” you are talking about a verb (to give or show).
- Use pronunciation products and videos: there are some excellent videos and audio guides on English pronunciation that you can use to improve your pronunciation.
- Record yourself: compare your recording to someone else saying the same words and sounds. Then you can compare what you did differently?
- Practice with a buddy: it will give you a chance to try everything you learn and run new things from each other.
- Pay attention to intonation and stress: good pronunciation is more than mastering individuals sounds. It also understanding intonation and stress.
- Sing a song: learn the words to popular English songs and sing along. Singing helps you to relax and just get those words out, as well as helping your rhythm and intonation.
FOR IMPROVE YOUR PRONUNCIATION PLEASE CONTACT US: